alt. form voice bridge
: A system which multiple users connect to via telephone
, which acts as a repeater
to create a teleconference
A voice bridge has many advantages over standard telephone-based conferencing (Call person one, conference call person two, etc...). Among these are:
- The moderator does not need to know all of the phone numbers of all of the participants. The participants can connect in from wherever they are.
- The conference can begin without the moderator dialing everyone in.
- The moderator can leave without killing the conference.
An audio bridge does, however, have some disadvantages:
- Some systems do not allow the conference to start without the moderator.
- Anyone with the phone number of the bridge and the conference number can join the conference, and eavesdrop, or DOS the conference.