Based on my own experiences. Ignore or use as you wish.

1) Start early. I never do, but I hear it helps. Statistical studies have shown that cramming is one of the least effective way of learning. It works fine for me, but I'm abnormal.

2) Take breaks. Don't drive yourself insane, just STOP every hour or two. No one wins when you stare at the same textbook for seventeen hours straight and then wonder why you have tunnel vision.

3) Eat. Don't forget about this part. Eating is good, especially if you eat food for thought.

4) Find somewhere quiet. Your room has too many distractions. Trust me.

5) Stop noding. Just for a day or two.

6) If all else fails, find someone smart and cheat off them.
Some additional food for thought:

RimRod notes that you should take breaks. Several studies by the US Military, the US Department of Education and several independent researchers say that you should study for 20-30 minutes at a time, then take a break. Don't do more than three consecutive 20-minute sessions in a row (including 15 minute breaks in between). After three sessions, you start retaining less and less. If you spread your studying for finals over a 4 to 5 day period, you will retain the most information. Some folks have exceptional short-term memory, and they can study an hour before a test and get great grades. If you're not one of these folks, spread out the cramming.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.