Generally considered and promoted by the majority of die-hard Christians, parental figures, and health professionals as the only safe and moral thing to do in terms of sex. Depending on one's personal definition, abstinence may not be limited to merely sexual intercourse, but also to sexual acitivities in general.
    Supporting reasons are:
  • to avoid pregnancy
  • to avoid contraction of STDs
  • to retain moral cleanliness
Abstinence can be practiced even after one has had sex (also known as being a "reborn virgin" or "born-again virgin") in order to achieve one of the above goals.

Some politically acceptable alternatives to abstinence are safe sex and/or a mutual devotion to one partner. Non politically acceptable alternatives include unprotected sex, casual sex, group sex, homosexual sex, etc.

What Is abstinence?

Abstinence is a very simple process. So simple, in fact, that it has only one simple step. That step, though harder than you think, is :

You Do Not Have Sex Before You Are Married To The Person You Are Going To Have Sex With.

Yes this does sound quite hard, but it is not really as hard as you think. After all, how do you think that the nuns and priests and the pope feel, since the fact is that they live a life of celibacy. The only thing that you have to worry about is finding out who you want to date, choose carefully who you are going to marry, and get married. Then you can have all the sex you want, with your husband or wife, of course!

There are numerous benefits to going abstinent. These benefits include:



-Little or no risk of STI’s. The only risk you would have is if your spouse has STI’s

-You don’t have to worry about having heart-break and getting hurt otherwise, from your relationships.

-You have absolutely no risk of becoming, or getting someone else pregnant. Since you aren’t having sex, where will you exchange the sperm?

-No lies. You won’t ever need to lie about having STD’s or STI’s, nor lie about past sexual experiences and the number of people you’ve been with.

-This form of birth control is, I believe, supported by near every religion, and, infact, encouraged by some.

Note: With Abstinence, you don’t have to not date, or masturbate. Abstinence means only not having sex with another person. The definition of having sex with someone else (mutual masturbation, oral intercourse, or dry humping) varies from person to person. You can pick your own.

There are no side effects to this method of birth control, nor are there any symptoms. There also is a lack of complications and a cause, aside from your desire to be true to yourself and to live a healthy and STI free life.

The only side effects that one could think of would be:



-You are more honest to yourself and to your spouse, and to everyone else who asks.

-You are guilt free since you have never given anyone any STI’s or gotten anyone pregnant.

-You are more relaxed about your sexual preferences, and about your sexual feelings.

-You get HORNY!!!!!!!!!

This method of birth control is guarunteed to be absolutely, positively 1oo% effective, or your money back which is a great deal for us, since the cost of this birth control is estimated at $000.00, which is up to a whole lot less than other forms of birth control, such as vasectomies $200-$500, Tubal Ligation $1200-$2500, Norplant $500-$700, Depo-Provera $30 every 12 wks, and even Condoms which can be $3 up. You could say this is the most effective, and best form of Birth Control Yet.

Keep a lookout for that perfect someone. Before you know it, they could bump into ya!

Abstinence

I was falling. But it was okay. My purpose was not to avoid injury.
It was to break her fall. The direction didn’t matter. I was falling in to her.
It was… passionate. It was fast. It was pretty damn sexy.
I didn’t know how far it would go. I only knew the now. The later would only matter as the now.

And then the still small voice.
I didn’t even have to hear what it had to say.
I moved my hands.
I grabbed hers.
And I forced a stop.

“… hey…”
"I’m sorry, I had a thought. How far are we going?”
“It doesn’t matter.”
“Yes it does.
“Why?”
“You know why.”
I pointed to the small cross that lay on my bare chest. A cold spot in our heat.
I pointed to a similar one that was hanging out of her shirt.
“It’s a promise.”
“…Are you picking him over me?”
“Yes.”
“why?
is he really that important?”

“Let me ask you a question. I’ll let you know my choice after.”
“Kay.”

Do you love me?
“Yes.”

Will you save me?
……
“Yes.”

Will you be with me forever?
“Yes.”

Do you promise?

“Yes.”

……


“I’ll think about it.”


And I fell into her again. I thought about the later. It doesn’t mean I cared. Maybe when it became the now.

Ab"sti*nence (#), n. [F. abstinence, L. abstinentia, fr. abstinere. See Abstain.]

1.

The act or practice of abstaining; voluntary forbearance of any action, especially the refraining from an indulgence of appetite, or from customary gratifications of animal or sensual propensities. Specifically, the practice of abstaining from intoxicating beverages, -- called also total abstinence.

The abstinence from a present pleasure that offers itself is a pain, nay, oftentimes, a very great one. Locke.

2.

The practice of self-denial by depriving one's self of certain kinds of food or drink, especially of meat.

Penance, fasts, and abstinence, To punish bodies for the soul's offense. Dryden.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.