This is a recipe I engineered through a lot of trial and error. I was planning on making yummy fruit oatmeal, but after bringing my water and fruit to a boil, I found bugs in my quick oats. I had vaguely heard that there was a way to make a frozen yogurt dupe out of bananas, but I didn't know how that worked. After about 5 hours of trial and error I'm not going to repeat here...
Yummy Fruity Banana Soft Serve

was born!

You will need

A blender
6 bananas, frozen and cut in half
1 can of pinapple chunks, in their own juice preferred (can says 20 oz)
1/2 cup chopped strawberries
1/2 cup chopped cherries
1 cup yogurt of your flavor choice

Open the can of pineapple. Put it in the blender with your fresh fruit and blend until mixture turns pink. Add in bananas and yogurt and blend on the lowest setting for about a minute. Blending times may vary, but if you overblend this, you'll wind up with a smoothie. If mixture is slightly too watery, you can blend in a tray of ice to add thickness. This is much easier if you have a food processor. Traditional banana soft serve is just frozen bananas, possibly with a splash of water or milk, but I'm fond of strawberries and it's generally easier to use a bit more liquid in a blender than in a food processor. You also have an easier time making things semi-solid.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.