We all know that rules are made to be broken and yada yada yada, but certain people uphold certain standards to everyone BUT themselves. This is also known as hypocrisy, but I believe it is it's own special kind of hypocrisy because not only is someone contradicting their professed beliefs, but he/she is justifying why they can break the rules but no one else can.

My incredibly horny roommate who is constantly whining about not getting laid and couldn't believe it when he had to go a year without sex: "I hate guys that bitch about not getting action. No one is guaranteed sex." (Direct email quote!)

The same incredibly horny roommate walks around downtown with a little kid's police helmet on and whines when she gets strange stares from people ('"No one should judge me by my looks!") only hours later makes fun of the kid with the unibrow on this show about geniuses.

"The sign says 20 items or less, but I have 30, is that okay, because well, you're not busy and I'm in hurry! I normally don't do this!"

Many of my friends are prone to sweeping generalizations about certain groups of people:


"I am sooooo sick of all those goddamn

women
liberals/feminists
journalists
college kids
people from Idaho and hicks in general
cat people
Mac users
vegetarians
English majors
short people
straight edgers
"getting to know you" noders
women who shave their legs
people with bad vision
grammar/spelling nazis
tree huggers
agnostics
anti-gun nuts
poets
heteros
Mormons AND non-Mormons too

you, of course, are the exception."


I've always had very disparate groups of friends and am constantly defending them to each other. This speaks either to strong diplomatic tendencies or marvellous sexual prowess on my part. Shrug.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.