I enjoy writing. It's fun. It allows me to create worlds and characters and situations that I wouldn't be able to possibly explain to people in real life.

When I write, I am a god.

That is, I enjoy it when I can get something written down.

I've always been a very creative person. I used to write poetry in middle school and high school. I even got one of my poems published in an anthology. It wasn't one of my better ones, unfortunately. I'd like to think that shows you just how damn good my poetry could be when I was 10 years old.

Now, I stick to writing fiction. I love it. I'm not a huge fan of writing nonfiction, because if I need to recall my personal life, I have a bias. I was there. I remember things. And those things that I remember are from my point of view. The idea of "who knows myself better than me?" is bull. Because you perceive yourself differently than others perceive you. Your friends will know if your autobiography is bullshit.

So. Fiction. Why do I write fiction? Because it's not my real life. I can distance myself from my personal history by writing something else.

All of my stories are set in the same continuity. I've always loved instances in media where there is one universal continuity between multiple series', like the DC Animated Universe, or the relationship between Cheers and Frasier. I always set out to write fiction as if it all took place in the same universe. A different piece of the puzzle, if you will. My stories shift between realistic and unrealistic. It reflects what I enjoy writing about at the time. One story involves powered armor and cults. Another involves a troubled woman searching for her father whom she never met. I wrote a bit about a man cheating on his wife. I wrote something about a man who could teleport. That last one was inspired by a forum post.

My biggest problem is that I can't seem to type it out in full. I have shit to do. I take a story idea. It's in my head. I write a few bits down. I talk it through when I'm driving home from class. I know how the story will end. But it doesn't happen. Everything else gets in the way. And I'm not at a point where I can neglect other stuff just to write a few words down.

I have the best friggin' stories, man. I just can't write them because I feel like I've already finished them.

You're gonna have to take my word for it.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.