Issued to: Patients of Dr. Isaac Perez
Diplomates American Board of Dermatology
651 Cross timbers
Flower Mound, Texas 75028
- Leave initial bandage on for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours clean the wound gently with a Q-tip soaked in peroxide and remove the crust that has formed; then apply antibiotic ointment (Polysporin or bacitracin).
- Clean wound twice daily until stitches come out.
- If after initial removal of bandage within 24 hours of surgery there is oozing of blood, apply firm pressure for 15-30 minutes. The oozing should stop; if it doesn't please contact our office. If bleeding is profuse go to the nearest emergency room.
- Mild redness of the wound edges is normal, but if there is associated swelling or pain please contact our office.