This information was taken from "Magical Rites from the Crystal Well" by Ed Fitch. It is considered an inspiring tract for witches and many others, though of course like any writing in the world of Paganism it cannot necessarily be considered gospel. It is to be read and followed at your discretion, and is usually passed around and considered public domain material.

Chivalry is a high code of honor which is of most ancient Pagan origin, and must be lived by all who follow the Old ways.

It must be understood that thoughts and intent put forth on this plane will wax strong in other planes, and return . . . bringing into creation, on this world, that which had been sent forth. Thus, you should exercise discipline, for "as ye do plant, so shall ye harvest."

It is only by preparing our minds to be as Gods that we can ultimately attain godhead.

Above all else, you must be true to yourself.

A Witch’s word must have the validity of a signed and witnessed oath. Thus, give thy word sparingly, but adhere to it like iron.

Refrain from speaking ill of others, for not all truths of the matter may be known.

Pass not unverified words about another, for hearsay is, in large part, a thing of falsehoods.

Be honest with others, and let them know that honesty is also expected of them.

The heat of the moment plays havoc with the truth. To keep your head is a virtue.

Contemplate always the consequences of your actions upon others. Strive not to harm.

Different covens may well have diverse views on love between members and with others. When a coven, clan, or grove is visited or joined, you should always find out their practices and abide by them, or leave.

Dignity, a gracious manner, and a good humor are much to be admired.

As a Witch, you have power, and your powers wax strongly as wisdom increases. Therefore, exercise discretion in their use.

Courage and honor endure forever. Their echoes remain when the mountains have crumbled to dust.

Pledge friendship and fealty to those who warrant it. Strengthen others of this path and they will strengthen you.

You must not reveal the secrets of another Witch or another coven. Others have labored long and hard for them, and cherish them as a treasure.

Though there may be differences between those of the Old Ways, those who are once-born must see nothing and must hear nothing.

Those who follow the mysteries should be above reproach in the eyes of the world.

The laws of the land should be obeyed whenever possible and within reason, for the most part they have been chosen with wisdom. Have pride in yourself and seek perfection in mind and body. For the Lady asks "How canst thou honor another unless thou give honor to thyself first?"

Those who seek the mysteries should consider themselves as select of the Gods, for it is they who lead the race of humankind to the highest of thrones and beyond the stars.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.