This is a really easy soup to make.

You will need:

  • One large white onion, chopped fairly finely
  • Two cloves of garlic, minced
  • One jalapeno minced, seeds and spines included
  • The juice of one small lemon (set the zest aside for a garnish)
  • Two tins creamed corn (or make your own in a blender)
  • One cup frozen or fresh corn (white corn would be fun).
  • Two and a half cups vegetable broth (a vegetable cube is okay if you don’t have stock).
  • Half a teaspoon of whole cumin seed
  • One teaspoon dried mustard powder
  • Salt
  • A quarter teaspoon white pepper
  • Two teaspoons buttermilk or yogurt
  • One poblano pepper
Now do this with all of that:

Sauté the onions in a mixture of butter and olive oil until they become translucent, then add the garlic, jalapeno, cumin seed, curry powder, mustard, white pepper and a little salt, and cook until these become fragrant. Then add the creamed corn, frozen corn, vegetable stock, and lemon juice. Bring the soup to a boil and then turn it down to minimum. When the temperature drops somewhat, swirl in two tablespoons of buttermilk or yogurt to provide a very slight tang. Just before serving, slice the poblano into very thin spears, toss them in a small amount of olive oil and broil them on a piece of tinfoil. Scatter them over the surface of the soup and finish off with the lemon zest.

Serve with Bean Butter With Fresh Herbs

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.