I've been trying all day to write how I'm feeling.

And it doesn't work.

Everytime I begin, I write half a page, and read it back, and delete it again.

Perhaps it's because there's so much happening right now, and perhaps it's because last night I got staggeringly drunk.

But whatever the reason, I cannot seem to find that balanced place where I can sit with words coming out of my fingers.

People irritate me today.

There's a man, a good friend, who just ended a painful internet relationship.

I should sit down and write to him, tell him he's not a bad person. But I cannot find any words that do not sound ... trite.

My best girlfriend is hurting and lonely and I cannot find words for her, to either make her feel better, or to distract her.

My mother needs me to comfort her with my presence.

And I want her to just leave me alone.

She doesn't ask for me to be there though. It's my choice. And I resent her for needing it anyway.

My friends are so sick of hearing about that my brother is dead. And I think I have mostly run out of words about it anyway.

But I have nothing else to talk about.

My friends have been looking after me, talking with me, listening to me... even phoning me from overseas...

And I can't find any way to let them know I apreciate them.

I sit, discontent and restless and wait for somethng to happen...

I want someone to say something interesting. I want to get excited. Involved. I want to be able to write again. To be able to write something that means something to me.

Boored...

I'm in a hiatus...

I'm waiting for life to start up again.

Properly this time.

I'm waiting to give a damn about anything but being snuggled and loved and aproved of by my lover.

But I'm just empty and blank and ... paused.

I can sympathize, Trina, about words not working. I have a problem with shutting up when the words don't work. I can talk and talk and write and write. I never have a problem with finding words, but they seldom help me and instead further spiral me into a vacuum of random thoughts. The more I say, the more I feel compelled to say; the same can be said for writing. It's almost like I feel the need to talk and write and that by doing so I will find a reason to write and talk, which also seldom works. It's an odd therapy, using words to convey that you don't know what to say.

When dealing with other people's indecision, I tell them that if they don't know, they should just say that, I don't know, that they shouldn't say anything else but that. But I often can't play by the same rules. And so, my words further confuse me and others and make a mess of things.

But it's all I can think to do most of the time. Writing, thinking, and talking. It makes me feel alive and dead at the same time.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.