Member of the State System of Higher Education (SSHE) in Pennsylvania (in other words, a "state school"--it is owned and operated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania), and is the second-largest school in the system.

Location In the borough of West Chester, Pennsylvania, 20 miles from Center City, Philadelphia.

History

Enrollment
Approximately 11,892 (10,078 undergraduate and 1,814 graduate)

Faculty and Staff
556 full-time and 178 part-time faculty (73% of full time hold the doctorate and 63% of total faculty) 812 full-time noninstructional staff

Student/Faculty Ratio
17:1

Academic Organization
College of Arts and Sciences, School of Business and Public Affairs, School of Education, School of Health Sciences, and School of Music

Undergraduate Programs
West Chester University offers more than 80 programs leading to the Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Science in Education, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Bachelor of Music, and Bachelor of Fine Arts.

Graduate Programs
Graduate Studies offers more than 60 programs leading to the Master of Arts, Master of Science, Master of Science in Administration, Master of Science in Nursing, Master of Education, Master of Music, Master of Business Administration, and Master of Social Work.

Athletics
Intercollegiate programs include competition in 22 men’s and women’s Division II sports and Division I field hockey.

The Campus
Occupies 388 acres in and near the borough of West Chester. The 97-acre North Campus contains most of the University’s classrooms, the library, residence hall student services, and administrative offices. Less than a mile away is South Campus, containing the Sturzebecker Health Sciences Center, a student apartment complex, playing and practice fields, the John A. Farrell Stadium, and the Robert B. Gordon Natural Area for Environmental Studies.

Living Accommidations
There are eight residence halls:

There are also South Campus Apartments.

Web Address
http://www.wcupa.edu

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.