+-------------------------+          +----------+
     |/+---------------------+/|          |  BUENA   |
     |/|                     |/|    +-----|          +------+
     |/|   WELCOME           |/|    |-----|          |------|
     |/|                     |/|    |-----|          |------|
     |/|      HIGH           |/|--------------------------------------
     |/|                     |/|            \\  .  \-\
     |/|        STUDENTS!    |/|             \\     \-\
     |/|                     |/|              \\  .   \\       |
     |/+---------------------+/|              //       |      \|/
     |/+---------------------+/|             //        |
     |/|                     |/|          /--/    |   //
     |/|                     |/|       /--/           |
     |/|                     |/|    /--/       |      |    ?
     |/|                     |/|  /-/                //   \|/
                                 //         |        \\
                                /                     \---

This is one of the greatest pranks in the history of Buena High School.

During the 1995-1996 school year, a group of enterprising (and very bored) students changed the greeting sign at the entrance to the BHS parking lot. Now you have to understand, the new campus had just been completed a few years earlier, and the faculty (and namely the school board) were still using Buena as a showpiece for the District. None of the student body had yet dared to deface the wonderful new structure. Of the 6 million dollars it took to build Buena at least some was spent on cheesy greeting signs (while athletes had to wait almost a decade for a new football stadium, George and Francis Loveless Stadium).

Then it happened.

"WELCOME HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS!"
suddenly became
"WELCOME HIGH                   STUDENTS!"

Never has there been a more aptly named greeting sign. Ever. Buena has a huge population of pot heads (the stuff is cheap; BHS is less than an hour from Mexico), and every last one of them appreciated this change, as did just about everyone. Of course the alteration didn't last long before it was discovered, at which time the administration in very Buena-like fashion, had "HIGH" removed as well, which is why to this day the sign reads "WELCOME            STUDENTS!"

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.