What is a wankster?

To tell the truth, I am not quite sure. Since I live in the suburbs, I don't consider myself an expert on the crazy slang that rappers make up. I do however, have two theories on what a wankster is that I pieced together from reading the lyrics and hearing a Jewish kid at school talk about it.
  • The Wannabe Theory - Throughout the song, 50 cent seems to make references to wanksters being fake: "You never pop nothing". Then again, I have no idea what he means with that line.
  • The Wanker Theory - Perhaps some gangsters go a little overboard with their bling bling, and it just becomes a wank-fest? This doesn't seem too likely, because how many rappers do you see using English slang?

So I guess the answer to the question is that a wankster is a wannabe gangster or a wanker. Then again, you'd have to be a wanker to write the song in the first place.

Song? What song? Who the hell is 50 cent?

50 cent is another rapper who has hit it big with white, suburban kids. His song, Wankster, only has one riff throughout the whole song, much like other rap songs, and it gets quite repetitive, also like other rap songs. 50 cent is backed up by some other people who come in, usually on the last beat of the line, and say something. I suspect that these people are the sames ones mentioned in the song and the video, G-Unit. They add a little articulation to 50 cent's mumbling. Anyway, this song is worth listening to for a good laugh, and it also allows you to call your friends and relatives wanksters.

The Lyrics, yo

Woo! Yeah! It's 50 a.k.a. Ferrari F50. Break it down!
I got alot of living to do for a dime and I ain't got time to waste. Let's make it!
You said you a gangster, but you neva pop nothin'
I say you a wankster and you need to stop frontin'

Verse 1
You ain't a friend of mine, (yeah) you ain't a kin of mine,(no) what makes you think that Ima run up on you with the nine (uh-huh)
We do this all the time. (what) Right now we on the grind. (yeah) So hurry up and cop and go we selling nicks and dimes (uh-huh)
Shorty, she so fine, I gotta make her mine. A ass like that gotta be one of a kind (woo!)
I crush em' everytime. Punch em' with every line. I'm fucking with they mind I make em' press rewind.
They know they can't shine if I'm around the rhyme land on Paroza's 94 'cause I commit the crime.
I send you my line, I did it 3 to 9. The D's ran up in my crib. You know who dropping dimes.

Chorus x2
You said you a gangster but you neva pop nothin'
I say you a wankster and you need to stop frontin'
You go to the dealership but you neva cop nothin'
You been hustling a long time and you ain't got nothin'

Verse 2
Damn homie, in highschool you was the man.
Homie, what the fuck happened to you?
I got the sickest vandetta when it come to the cheddar (uh-huh) and if you play with my paper, you gonna meet my bereta.
Now shorty think Ima sweat her, sipping on a Mereda. I'm living once than deta (??), I know I can do better.
She look good, but I know she after my cheddar. She tryna get in my pockets, homie, and I ain't gonna let her.
Be easy, stop the bullshitting. You get your whole crew wet. We in the club doing the same ol' two step.
Gorilla unit 'cause they say we bugged out 'cause we don't go nowhere without toast we thugged out.

Chorus 2x

Verse 3*
Me I'm no mobster,
Me I'm no gangster,
Me I'm no hitman,
MeI'm just me, me.
Me I'm no wankster,
Me I'm no actor,
But it's me you see on your tv 'cause I hustle baby.
This rapping shit is so easy I'm getting what you get for a brick to talk greasy.
By any means, partner, I got to eat on these streets. If you play me close, for sure I'm gonna pop my heat.
Niggas saying they going murph 50. How? We riding round with guns the size of Li'l Bow Wow
What you know about a.k. and a.r.15's equipped with night vision, shell catchers and them things, huh?

Chorus x2


*This is one of the funniest parts of the song. 50 Cent accents the "terr" sounds at the end of the first few lines, and it sounds horrible, but it's so funny at the same time.

According to AsianAstronaut in his node on 50 Cent, the song wankster is about Ja Rule... If that's true, then that just makes the song funnier. I mean, just look at the lyrics. One second he's talking about shooting someone and the next he's talking about macking some girl. Is it me, or does 50 Cent have ADD?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.