's node, Things that mix well with vodka
, sparked a memory of a recipe given to me by my friend
. So, in honor of her and for your alcoholic
enjoyment, here ya go.
What you'll need:
- blender. preferably one with a lid.
- ice cream maker, electric or manual.
- 5 to 6 handfuls of berries. (strawberries work best, raspberries work too. have fun, experiment. =)
- large glass (presumably 8 oz.) of syrup
- 1 lemon
- 2 or 3 shots vodka. (Skye works best. Plus it comes in such a pretty blue bottle.)
- Puree the berries. Mix with syrup, more or less to taste. IMPORTANT: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TASTE THE MIXTURE WHILE THE BLENDER IS OPERATING!!!
- Slice the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a blender. Give the other half to your dog. Give it to the Pope. I don't particularly care. =)
- Mix everything in the blender for about a minute, then throw everything into the ice cream maker.
- Follow the directions for the ice cream maker.
note: microwave ovens vary, these instructions are guidelines only