A small village that is located in Berks County, Pennsylvania about 3 miles west of Kutztown, off of US Route 222, on PA State Rt 143. Virginville was first settled in the mid 1700's as farmland by the Dreibelbis family, and in 1839, the original log farmhouse was replaced by a stone building known as the Dreibelbis Hotel, and a general store opened in 1809 along Rt 143. The Berks County Railroad started stopping there in 1874, and the village grew in importance as a trading hub for local farmers and local tourist attractions such as Crystal Cave.
After the automobile started to supplant the railroad in the 1920's, Virginville became sort of a quiet backwater town, compared to neighboring towns such as Hamburg, and Kutztown. Today the village still retains the old Pennsylvania Dutch character of the area, but ironically, the main thing about Virginville that can be seen from US 222 is an adult bookstore. Guess the guys have to have some form of entertainment.