The big bad villain in 1989's Ghostbusters II, Vigo the Carpathian (aka Vigo the Cruel, Vigo the Torturer, Vigo the Despised, and Vigo the Unholy) was born in the 1500s in Carpathia, a little country near Italy and Hungary. He soon rose to be ruler of the land and was the cruelest leader in history at the time. Vigo (full name: as Vigo von Homborg Deutschendorf) wasn't exactly a man of the people. He died at the age of 105, but not from old age. He was poisoned, stabbed, shot, hung, stretched, disemboweled, drawn and quartered. Before his head died he uttered this prophetic warning: "Death is but a door, time is but a window. I'll be back."

And back he came in 1989. Vigo's ghost took up residance in a giant painting of himself in New York's Manhattan Museum of Art. He possessed curator Janosz Poha and manipulated him into doing his evil bidding. His plan: to take over the body of Dana Barret's baby Oscar and rule the planet for 1000 years with evil and torture. Vigo had been feeding off of the negative energy in New York City for decades, causing the bad mojo to turn into a viscous pink sludge (known as Mood Slime). In the end the Ghostbusters broke into the museum and blasted Vigo back to his own personal level of Hell. The painting's canvas was wiped of Vigo's evil countenance and was replaced with a painting of the Ghostbusters depicted as heavenly saints.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.