"toothpick" Vic Vega is the psychotic professional thief known by the codename "Mr. Blonde" in Reservoir Dogs, played by Michael Madsen. Vic Vega is the brother ofVincent Vega, who was played by John Travolta in Pulp Fiction.

Before the events of Reservoir Dogs, Vic got caught in a warehouse full of stolen goods. Being a made man with Joe Cabot's crime organization, he could have simply said who he worked for but he chose to do his time to protect Joe's name. He went to jail for three years, and when released, went right to Joe to get started with some work. Joe and his son "Nice Guy" Eddie set him up with a fake dockworker job at one of Joe's warehouses to appease Vic's PO, and also ask him how he'd feel about doing a job with four other guys. Vic replies, "I'd feel great about it."

Vic's behavior in the jewelry store, which goes undocumented in the film, is lifted from what happens in "City On Fire", a Hong Kong police story. Basically while robbing the diamond store, someone trips the alarm, so Vic starts shooting EVERYONE. Employees, customers, everyone. This behavior was criticized by Mr. White, played by Harvey Keitel. "What you're supposed to do is act like a professional. A psychopath ain't a professional. Can't work with a psychopath. You never know what those sick assholes are going to do next."

Also, the most infamous scene in the film is a torture sequence in which Mr. Blonde ties a policeman to a chair, slashes his face with a straght razor, cuts his right ear off, then douses him with gasoline, intending to burn him. As he lights his Zippo standing at the opposite end of a trail of gasoline, he quips, "How bout a little fire, scarecrow?" and then he is shot to death by Mr. Orange.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.