Venoms come in basically two kinds. Toxins that attack blood (Hemotoxins) and toxins that attack the nervous system (neurotoxins) most rattlesnakes have hemotoxins and snakes like the cobra use neurotoxins. Some snakes have both sorts of venom in differing amounts. you can bet that if I have to be invenomed I'll choose neurotoxins and plenty of them!

A character in the Marvel Comics universe. He first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #300. His real name is Eddie Brock, who first appeared in Web of Spider-Man #18, before he became Venom.

Venom is born of a melding between an alien symbiote and Eddie Brock. The alien symbiote was something Spider-Man picked up during the Secret Wars, thinking it was a costume. When he found out it was alive and attempting to bond with him, he rejected it, using its weakness to sonics (in the form of a ringing church bell) to drive it from his body.

Eddie Brock was a reporter who did a big story about the secret identity of the Sin-Eater, a vigilante. When Spider-Man unmasked him, Eddie's story turned out to be wrong. This led to his credibility being ruined. He was disgraced, a fate which he blamed on Spider-Man. Contemplating suicide in the same church that Spider-Man got rid of the symbiote in, he came upon the alien being. Sharing an intense hatred for the webslinger, they bonded, and became Venom.

This bonding gave Eddie Brock knowledge of Spidey's secret identity. It also gave him super strength and such, plus he doesn't set off Spidey's spider sense. He has used these abilities to torment Spidey mercilessly. In a battle with Styx and Stone, Eddie's symbiote appeared to die. It broke him out of jail months later, leaving behind a spawn which bonded with Cletus Kasady to create Carnage. Venom hates Carnage, who is completely insane. He became a vigilante (meaning almost a good guy) for a time, but that ended after another extended seperation from his symbiote. He has since re-joined with the symbiote. The death of his ex-wife may drive him back to villainy, since he blames it on Spider-Man. He's got quite the persecution complex, I know. His symbiote is M.I.A. once again, but because we didn't see it die, it's probably still around.

Transforms from insect to robot and back!

INSECTICON: VENOM

FUNCTION: PSYCHOLOGICAL WARFARE
"Friends are more dangerous than enemies."

Will use his poisonous talents even on fellow Decepticons because he trusts no one and suspects everyone is trying to usurp his role as leader. His stinger can discharge fluids harmful to mechanical and organic life; corrosive acids, destructive catalysts, paralyzing toxins, and others. Stinger can penetrate 1/4 inch steel, but sometimes gets stuck and breaks off. Flies at 15 mph for 300 miles. Carries electro-blaster in robot form.

  • Strength: 3
  • Intelligence: 9
  • Speed: 3
  • Endurance: 6
  • Rank: 7
  • Courage: 9
  • Firepower: 8
  • Skill: 8
Transformers Tech Specs


Venom transformed from a dome-headed robot which looked like a reject from "Flash Gordon" into a green and orange ... bee? horsefly? Something silly-looking, anyways. Like the other Deluxe Insecticons, he never made an appearance in the cartoon, although the risk of being mistaken for a Halloween mascot may have had something to do with it as well.

compiled overview of the 35ton Venom 'Mech, from various BattleTech novels and game sourcebooks:



During the Clan invasion of Draconis Combine space, large numbers of Combine 'Mechs were destroyed in the fighting, with no chance of any salvage to support reconstruction. As a result Coordinator Takashi Kurita orderd a massive production effort to replace fallen units.

Nimakachi Fusion Products Ltd., a small manufacturer which had only produced Spiders, was eager to profit from the circumstances. The firm's owners decided that simple expansion of the Spider production lines would not guarantee future orders when the fighting slowed down. With an eye to future expansion, Nimakachi was eager to incorporate as much new and recovered technology as was available. The Venom was born. The Combine military was so pleased with this design that it immediately placed an order for production of the Venom in large numbers.

The Venom is a heavier version of the old Spider produced on Tematagi. It is 35 tons and uses Kallon FWL special ferro-fibrous armor. The new design also has an extralight engine in order to keep the space available for increased firepower. The weapons featured by the design are four of the new Tronel XII medium pulse lasers.

Like its predecessor, the Venom is successful because of its maneuverability. The movement capabilities of the Venom are identical to those of the original Spider. Since the phenomenal distances covered and the amount of control a pilot has during a jump were paramount in the original design, changes would have been counterproductive.

There are two drawbacks that could not be corrected. First, the 'Mechs armor is light. The engineers are hoping that the maneuverability of this design is sufficient compensation. The Second problem, which is compounded by the first, is the extra-light design of the fusion engine. Any reasonable penetration into the left or right torso would more than likely penetrate the engine's shielding

The first Venom came off the production line in January 3050, and has seen limited field testing so far. Theodore Kurita has seen fit to have all new designs sent to areas near the Periphery to protect against bandits and for potential punitive strikes. Several of the new 'Mech designs have also been spotted patrolling worlds in Dieron, near the Terran frontier.



Note: Information used here was the domain of FASA before they split the rights between Wizkids LLC and Microsoft (table-top gaming and video games respectively). Copyright of the fluff text is in limbo, but names of persons, places, & things are without any doubt the property of Wizkids LLC. Use of any terms here related to the BattleTech trademark are not meant as a challenge to Wizkids LLC's rights.

Venom is one of many high energy sports drinks on the market. Venom is a carbonated beverage that gives you a caffiene and sugar lift much like Jolt Cola and Mountain Dew but it also contains Vitamin B6, B12 and C and has the typical sports drink ingedients taurine and guarana, oh, and some herbal things. It comes in a slim 8.3 ounce can and cost three to four times that of a regular 12 oz. can of soda. Venom is a product of Elements Beverage Co. of White Plains, NY. Elements is a registered trademark of Snapple.

Taste:
Elements Beverage states that Venom has "natural citrus and juniper berry flavors for a fresh sweet taste." Outside magazine describes the taste as "Fresca with a menthol finish." I've found that it does have the citrus flavor with a little pineapple taste thrown in and there is a subtle mouth numbing after-taste.

Ingredients:

Sources:
ElementsBev.com (http://www.elementsbev.com)
Michael Behar. "SHAZAM! (IN A CAN)." Outside March 2002: p.114

Ven"om (?), n. [OE. venim, OF. venim, F. venin, L. veneum. Cf. Venenate.]

1.

Matter fatal or injurious to life; poison; particularly, the poisonous, the poisonous matter which certain animals, such as serpents, scorpions, bees, etc., secrete in a state of health, and communicate by thing or stinging.

Or hurtful worm with cankered venom bites. Milton.

2.

Spite; malice; malignity; evil quality. Chaucer.

"The venom of such looks."

Shak.

Syn. -- Venom; virus; bane. See Poison.

 

© Webster 1913.


Ven"om, v. t. [OE. venimen, OF. venimer, L. venenare. See Venom, n.]

To infect with venom; to envenom; to poison.

[R.] "Venomed vengeance."

Shak.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.