Vegan Pancakes

Mix up the dry ingredients with a whisk (don't use an electric mixer). If dairy is OK you can add 2/3 c powdered milk or just use milk instead of water. Mix in the wet ingredients just until moistened. Use 1/4 c batter per pancake. I cook them on a non-stick griddle on my gas stove on medium. I add apple chunks or frozen blueberries while they're cooking to accomodate my picky eaters. Makes 11-12 4" pancakes.

Vegan Berry Pancakes

I have been varying shades of vegan for the past 5 years and have noticed that many vegan foods have a markedly different taste than their non-vegan counterparts. In cooking, eggs are the glue that holds the batter together. Without eggs, many recipes will fail miserably. To remedy this problem I purchased a large box of egg substitute from a local health food shop. This was a total waste of $7.79. I soon gave up on the idea of using things such as the egg subsitutes, fake butter, and soy milk in favour of naturally vegan foods such as squash and corn. Squash and corn do not, however, make for good breakfast foods and so I present you with the following recipe for delicious vegan berry pancakes.

P.S. I made these for my mother and her boyfriend and they didn't even notice that they were eating vegan food.

INGREDIENTS...
DIRECTIONS...
  1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Do not overmix.
  2. Let mixture sit for 5 minutes.
  3. Stir lightly.
  4. Heat griddle on medium heat and grease with oil.
  5. Pour batter in 1/4 cup amounts on griddle and let cook until small holes form and hold in the pancake.
  6. Flip pancake and cook till golden.
  7. Serve with warm syrup of your choice.

If you are not vegan, use milk instead of water, reduce amount of milk by 1/4 cup and add 1 egg.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.