A version of Castlevania for the MSX. Simon Belmont goes off to kill Dracula, using many different items that separate this game from its series. These items include:

White Key: Opens the door to the next area.
Yellow Key: Opens a treasure chest, then inexplicably vanishes.
Staff: Opens 3 treasure chests.
Vampire Killer: The Belmonts' trademark whip. Also the name of the song that plays in Stage 1.
Dagger: Flies in a straight line. Is actually useful in this game. Don't ask me where the whip goes when you get this.
Axe: Unlike the Axe in other Castlevania games, this works like the cross. It flies out in front of you a little, then returns. If you fail to catch it, it's gone. Also replaces the whip.
Cross: Flies to the edge of the screen and back. If you fail to catch it, it's gone. Once again, replaces the whip.
Gryphon Wing: Increases jump height.
Boots: Increases movement speed.
Holy Water: Creates a fire where it lands. Use by jumping and pressing left or right. Uses up 5 hearts. Extremely easy to use by accident.
Map: Use with F2. Inexplicably vanishes after 3 uses.
Gold Shield: Blocks ranged attacks. You have to be facing the attack to get it to work.
Red Shield: Halves damage. You have to be facing the attack to get it to work.
Hourglass: Use by jumping and pressing down. Much better than the stopwatch in other Castlevania games (except Haunted Castle), uses 5 hearts and works on bosses.
White Book: Lowers the price of items merchants sell to you.
Red Book: Insanely raises the price of items merchants sell to you.
White Cross: I have no idea...
Gold Cross: Kills all enemies on screen.
Money Bag: Adds points, varying with color.
Small Heart: Adds 1 heart.
Big Heart: Adds 5 hearts.

 Strangely enough, hearts are currency. You buy things from strange merchants in blocks. Also, when you have no weapon, you have a very short and weak whip.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.