Valrhona is a French company that makes the best chocolate in the world. The chocolate is made using the same process as they did 100 years ago and only the best quality ingredients are used. Their coolest chocolate sort is probably Grand Couva where all cocoa beans come from the same estate and are harvested the same year.

Ingredients in a 75 gram Manjari bar (orange flavour): (64% cocoa)
Cocoa beans, chopped candied oranges (20%), sugar, cocoa butter. Emulsifier: soy lecithin. Flavouring: natural vanilla.

Valrhona is one of the best chocolate manufacturers on the planet but as with all of the "best" companies in this global economy, it has been purchased by a larger consortium. Now you will be seeing more Valrhona products in your local markets, kind of like Euro-Hersheys. The quality has already begun to go down as they were taken over a couple of years ago. But since they are a brand that has long been associated with high quality, people never thought to question. This is the key to a great marketing campaign aka scam, a solid high quality brand name coupled with a "new" line of mass marketable products. I am sure the hamburger before McDonalds was quite reputable, but would you seriously nominate a Big Mac as burger of the year?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.