Mid-sized four-door sedan. Volkswagen manufactures it out of Mexico. It's based on the same platform as the Golf and the VW Beetle. This car is not just a car. It's a way of life on the east coast. During the summer it's not uncommon to bump into a convoy of 30 or more jettas, playing cat and mouse, on their way from pennsylvania to Maine. The jetta has become a hot selli car, greatly due to the works of CEO Ferdinand Piecche of the Porsche, who took the helm in 1992.

Comes with a sweeet optional engine, the VR6. Lots more torque than you'd expect in a car this size, mostly because most cars this size only come with anemic little 4 cylinder engines. In its current design iteration, it's downright beautiful.
If you are looking at buying a Jetta, spend the extra money and get this engine!
Uncomfortable and lacking a smooth ride are the two chief features of my Jetta. A bonus feature is the "check engine" light, which comes on at random and which Volkswagen mechanics routinely dismiss as unimportant.

I also seem to have a propensity for flat tires with this vehicle. And the gas mileage isn't spectacular, especially for a car this small. I traded down from a Mazda Navajo and have regretted it ever since.

Four cylinder engines are not necessarily anaemic. The Jetta is available with a turbocharged four cylinder 1.8L displacement engine, that attains a maximum of 180 horsepower at 5500 rpm and a maximum of 174 lb-ft of torque at a low 1950 rpm, which figures are comparable to those of the standard six cylinder engine.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.