This writeup will take you through the steps to get into a 67x modem/router in order to configure
it. Configuring it is an entirely different writeup... =)
This writeup assumes you have:
1) a Cisco 675
2) The provided management cable
3) A PC
running Windows 9x
How to get in:
1) Go to Start->Programs->Accessories->Communications
2) Click "Hyperterminal"
3) When Hyperterminal loads, it will ask for a name for the connection
. Enter DSL
and click OK
4) Change the Pop-up labeled "Connect Using
" to "Direct to COM1
", then click OK
5) Change "Bits Per Second" to 38400
6) Change "Flow Control
" to "None", then click OK.
7) Press the Enter Key
8) Enter your exec password
, if you have one set. If not, just press enter. If you don't have one set, just press enter.
9) You should see a "CBOS
>" prompt. Type "enable
" and press enter.
10) It will ask for another password, just press enter.
11) At this point you should be presented with a "CBOS
#". You are now able to configure the router.
On other versions
, Hyperterminal may not be installed by default
, or could be put in a different folder in the start menu. Once you find it, however, the process should be the same.
Click Here for more info on the Cisco 67x.