Urine therapy is a form a medicine, where basically you make use of your own urine either externally or internally, for medicinal purposes.

For most people urine therapy may seem very strange and unorthodox, however it's not something new. It has been around for several centuries both in Western (Greece) and Eastern (India) countries.

What is it supposed to cure? Apparently a whole lot:

Urine therapy can be combined with other forms of natural medicine, such as homeopathy for even better results.

Counter-indications

It is not recommended to mix urine therapy with modern, allopathic, chemical-based medicine. Also people that use recreational drugs could encounter some problems.

First aid:

Simple Herpes Sunburn Insect Bites

On the Conan O'Brian show on late night NBC they once sent Andy Richter (may he rest in peace) to a new age conference at some hotel.

One Indian guy was espousing urine therapy. After several cheap jokes at the dude's expense, they cut to Andy talking to some people at Taco Bell. He was asking things like, "Have you ever considered urine therapy..." to people who were eating their burritos and whatnot.

One guy answers something like, "No thanks I'll stick to my tacos."

They cut back to Conan in the studio who quips, "I'm sure Taco Bell really appreciate that kind of advertising. Taco Bell -- it's better than drinking your own urine."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.