The Upledger Institute was founded in the mid 1980s by John E. Upledger D.O., O.M.M., to conduct clinical research, provide continuing education programs, and provide therapeutic services, involving but not limited to the field of CranioSacral Therapy.

The Institute provides therapeutic services at the UI HealthPlex Clinic, in Palm Beach Garden's, Florida. Sessions are available for treatments in many alternitive healthcare modalities, such as osteopathy, chiropractic, acupuncture, and massage, with a strong push for interdisciplinary approaches. The Institute also offers one and two week intensive therapy programs, which also serve as high level training for CranioSacral Therapists.

There is a plethora of educational workshop courses taught through the Upledger Institute and an associated organization called the International Alliance of Healthcare Educators. These workshops are taught all over the world, and include Lymph Drainage Therapy, Visceral Manipulation, Mechanical Link, and an extensive curriculum in CranioSacral Therapy and several modalities integrated into CranioSacral Therapy.

I don't know that much about the clinical research component of the Upledger Institute, but I believe the main focus is on developing a scientific understanding of why and how alternative healthcare modalities work, and developing effective methods of integrating different healthcare disciplines for the best results.

The Upledger Institute can be found at http://www.upledger.com/home.htm

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.