The University of Texas at Arlington is a 100-year-old, comprehensive research, teaching and public service institution located in the heart of the dynamic Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. It is the second largest component of the world renowned University of Texas System and the sixth largest university in Texas. It is located in the heart of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, one of the fastest growing areas in the nation. U.T. Arlington has emerged as a comprehensive teaching, research and public service university. UTA offers 58 baccalaureate, 60 masters and 22 doctoral degrees within nine academic units and a graduate school. A modern 390-acre campus a few blocks from downtown Arlington offers easy access to museums, concerts, ballet, theater, family recreation, professional sports and other interests.

With an enrollment of approximately 20,000 students, U.T. Arlington is the second largest of the 15 institutions in The University of Texas System. The student body has become increasingly diversified with students representing 47 states and 89 countries.

The University's academic units include the School of Architecture, College of Business Administration, College of Engineering, College of Liberal Arts, School of Nursing, College of Science, School of Social Work, School of Urban and Public Affairs, and the Center for Professional Teacher Education. Additionally, the Graduate School oversees the administration of academic programs beyond the baccalaureate level.

In response to societal needs, U.T. Arlington has evolved into a university of renown within the state and of emerging position nationally and internationally. The University's history of achievement can be attributed to a faculty of increasing competence and accomplishments; a student body of higher qualifications and greater diversity; a record of growing success by graduates in their respective disciplines; and the maturation of the Dallas/Fort Worth area as a nationally and internationally significant metropolis.

Founded in 1895 as Arlington College, a private liberal arts institution, U.T. Arlington has undergone a succession of names, ownerships and missions. The University was elevated to senior college status in 1959 and was transferred from the Texas A&M System to The University of Texas System in 1965. Its final name change came in 1967, when it became The University of Texas at Arlington.


Resources:
Personal Experience
UTA's Website - http://www.uta.edu/

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.