Tylenol PM is an over the counter medicine for aches and pains and to help the person to sleep. The active ingredients are acetaminophen (brand name Tylenol) and an antihistimine called diphenhydramine hydrochloride (brand name Benadryl). 

Tylenol PM is useful when you have several symptoms of a cold or flu and wish to get some sleep. The antihistimine is not a sleep aid but it does have a side effect of making some people drowsy. For some folks, like myself, it makes them hyper-alert and unable to sleep.

Tylenol intake should be carefully monitored, especially with children and teenagers. Too much acetaminophen can cause liver damage. Drinking alcohol while taking this medication can increase the likelyhood of severe liver damage.

Each tablet contains 500mg of Tylenol and 25mg of diphenhydramine HCl. Side effects include dizziness, drowsiness, constipation, upset stomach, dry mouth, restless or excited feelings, and blurred vision. It is safe to take while pregnant if you let your pediatrician know or you check with your pharmacist to see if there are any issues with interactions between medication.

Iron Noder 2017

 

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.