Just as every coin ever minted has two sides to it, so too does every tale ever told by Man. Ever thought to see classic children's tales like The Three Little Pigs or Little Red Riding Hood from the wolf's point of view? Did anyone ever think to ask Helen of Troy her opinion of the war that waged through her homeland of Greece? For Charles Manson was it all really just a terrible misunderstanding that got out of hand?

I am not saying that all villians are actually benevolent. Nor am I saying all people who present themselves as heroes or victims in a disagreement can't be counted as such. Truthfully, under careful examination, one can often find that things are not always as they seem, but this is not in every case. We often only choose to listen to one side of a particular story, or we hear bits and pieces of both sides, assume them to be one and the same, and make our opinions based on ill-gained and incomplete information. Was it truly the fault of the mermaid accused of sinking all those ships? Did the serpent in the Garden of Eden really tempt Eve and was to blame, or was he the first entity ever framed for a crime not committed? These are questions which will forever go unanswered, for no one sought to ask.

Was Captain Ahab truly justified in hunting down the great Moby Dick? Of course not; that is evident in the story. Yet we never hear the whale's side of things. There he was, minding his own business, swimming in the ocean not a care in the world, and this crazy madman in a boat comes along and chases the poor oversized sea mammal all over creation. Where's the justice? Where's the common decency?

In present day, a judge presiding over a court of law is honor bound and sworn to listen to both the plantiff and defendant of any given disagreement brought before him. It is in this way that a objective tale can be told, and a fair and impartial decision can be rendered, after all facts have been reviewed. Whenever a judge fails in this endeavor, he dishonors his position, and weakens the very fabric of society itself.

So when next one notices one's own deep-seated opinions, remember the Big Bad Wolf and question whether it is truly fair to name him thus, without first sitting and having a drink with him. With a gun nearby of course. You can never be too careful.

The preceeding has been an attempt to save an ill-fated and abandoned node. Please judge it fairly.

It's true. This is one of the things I've learned in life. Be it in politics, friendships, or anything else, there are almost always two sides to every story. Hell, sometimes there are twelve. Name any political or social movement, philosophy, or ideology and if you honestly look, you'll find both good defences of and attacks upon it. Chances are, you can find one of each that you are not nearly smart enough to refute. Take any political issue and listen to two intelligent, respectful people (no, pundits on TV don't count) discuss it (without getting mad and petty) and it's tough to decide which one is right. Each will have good points, and they're probably both have statistics backing them up. Confusion sucks.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.