Dim Sum

To make this you will need:

Heat one tablespoon of oil in a wok over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger, and cook for about a minute. Fold in minced pork, chicken and shrimp, and cook, stirring until the mixture changes color, this will take about three minutes. Remove from heat, and add it to an empty bowl.

Using the same wok, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Sautee celery, carrot, water chestnuts, scallions, and cabbage. Raise heat to high and stir fry until the vegetables are softened, about two minutes. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and stock, try adding the cornstarch last to avoid lumps. Add to wok, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook until sauce thickens, about one to two minutes. Remove from heat and allow it to cool completely. Stir in cooled pork mixture and sesame oil, mix well.

Separate spring roll wrappers and cover with a damp kitchen towel. Working with one wrapper at a time, place on work surface and, using your fingertips, wet edges with cornstarch and water mixture. Place one tablespoon of filling in the center of the wrapper. Fold two of the opposite corners together and seal them with cornstarch mix, then folding over the edge, roll into an egg roll shape. Seal edges with cornstarch mixture. Repeat with remaining wrappers.

Heat oil in a large wok until it reaches 375* F (190* C) on a deep-frying thermometer, or until a small piece of wrapper dropped into the oil cooks. Fry all until golden, it will take about one minute. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Makes 20

Serve with Sweet and Sour Sauce




"Dim Sum: The Essential Kitchen". By Vicki Liley.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.