In the game Borderlands 2 (one of the greatest FPS videogames ever made, don't argue with me on this), there is an extra side campaign called Tiny Tina's Campaign of Carnage. The frame story is that Boderland's main characters are playing a tabletop RPG. Your player character gets to play from the perspective of the main character within Tiny Tina's game. And unlike the main game, it is fantasy, not sci-fi. You battle evil skeletons and evil wizards and evil treants and evil spiders and stuff. And the final boss is Tina's fantasy version of the main game's primary villain because Handsome Jack is evil and he sucks and Tina won't let you forget it. And also the guy who shows up to save the day at the end of the quest is one of the major characters who died in the main game. Tina is that kind of Dungeon Master.

Now what confuses me about the whole thing is that it's supposed to be make-believe, but the experience and weapons carry over into the rest of the game...in which Tiny Tina exists.

There are a few possibilities: 

1. The Vault Hunter was somehow actually transported into the game itself

2. Playing the game magically granted the Vault Hunter XP and loot

3. The Vault Hunter somehow stumbled upon a hidden part of Pandora that plays out precisely like Tiny Tina’s RPG, including a boss named Mr. Boney Pants Guy, a townsperson with a glass jar for a head, and a bunch of dwarves who all look exactly like Salvador.

Whatever the case, I was able to snag a shotgun called the Conference Call which, combined with Gaige’s “Anarchy” and “Close Enough” skills, is able to bounce shotgun pellets around the room and basically destroy anything in front of her, up to and including The Warrior, which is the final boss of the game. The DPS jump was completely insane.  I got that shotgun and I didn’t just break the game’s difficulty, I obliterated it in a hail of shotgun pellets. The only thing that was even remotely a challenge after getting that thing was Murderlin’s Circle of Slaughter, and that’s only because the floor was full of traps. Everything else? Five hits maximum, including Saturn.

Now, Jack calls The Warrior the greatest alien power Pandora has ever seen. He is wrong on three counts. Firstly, The Warrior is native to Pandora. Secondly, the Vault Hunter is not from Pandora. Thirdly, I was able to take The Warrior down in less than five minutes.

Which means that the Vault Hunter is the greatest alien power Pandora has ever seen, to a magnitude far greater than The Warrior...

Though true credit should go to Tiny Tina and her seemingly magical abilities to make her imagination real.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.