"Timecop" (the movie) is a action/sci-fi movie from 1994. It was directed by Peter Hyams. It was based on a comic series by Mike Richardson and Mark Verheiden. Mike and Mark also wrote the storyline and Mark wrote the screenplay. The cast includes Jean-Claude Van Damme (Bloodsport, Universal Soldier), Mia Sara (Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Ron Silver, Bruce McGill (Animal House and frequent guest appearances on MacGyver), Gloria Reuben (ER), and many others.

They killed his wife ten years ago. There's still time to save her. Murder is forever... until now.

Max Walker (Jean-Claude Van Damme) is a D.C. cop when a scientist discovers the secret to time travel. Senator Aaron McComb (Ron Silver) is on a senate commission that decides this technology needs to be policed to prevent people from abusing it and changing history. Max is asked to joint the taskforce (called TEC) that is entrusted with policing time. That same night his wife, Melissa (Mia Sara), is killed when some unknown assailants attack the Walker house and blow it up. Max survives and joins the TEC. Fast-forward ten years. Max still works for the TEC, while busting another TEC officer gone bad he finds out Senator McComb is behind several recent changes. Unfortunately Max has no proof. Senator McComb is running for president and is behind and the polls and running out of money. He starts making bigger changes to get himself more wealth and power. After another jump Max comes back and the world is severely changed and no one believes him that McComb has changed the past. Now it is up to Max to go back in time again to stop McComb. The day he needs to go back to happens to be the same day his wife died.

Pretty good action movie. Of course Jean-Claude has to kick some butt, but I also thought he acted fairly well in this movie. Sure it is going to be cheesy and flashy at points it is based on a comic book. Still this is probably one of the better movies made that was based on a comic book (much better than Punisher, any spiderman movie, Captain America, Street Fighter, etc.) I even went so far as to buy this movie, but I like action and am infatuated with Mia Sara.


There was also a TV series "Timecop" that was based on the movie and aired on ABC around 1997.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.