Coming soon to a city near you - This a heavy product

If you live in Melbourne - Victoria and use public transport regulary you would have seen a large round sticker with an illustration lifting a box with the words "This is a heavy product" underneath it. It was originally meant to be an occupational health and safety advisory meassage, but it has taken on a life of its own.

For those of you who haven't heard of it, I have been told that there are over 5000 of these stickers on Melbourne trains, trams, buses, railway stations, signs etc. I have also seen some of these stickers in Sydney on a day trip to Manly. They are not confined to Australia however as there is one stuck on the top of the Eiffel Tower and another was seen in Edinburgh in Scotland.

Due to the public nature of this board, I am not going to reveal the identity of the person who originally started putting them up. There has been some speculation that the Cave Clan was involved in the stickering, but this is not the case as the person acted alone.

There is even a fan club for the stickers and the person who put them up but it only has a small membership at the moment.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.