1. Realize it's just pieces of paper and buy a gift for someone else for no good reason.
2. Dip pretzels in chocolate frosting.
3. Play fetch with my cat.
4. Make food for my co-workers because they're always so gosh darn appreciative.
5. Take a hot bath with a good book.
6. Regress. That's why I have Play-Doh and Legos. And crayons.
7. Practice escapism with a good kung-fu movie. Pretend like I could do that stuff, too.
8. Actually reveal to friends that I have had a shitty day. Be surprised at the support I receive.
9. Realize it's just pieces of paper and go buy something for myself.
10. Get over it. Go to bed. Check my horoscope before coming out from under the covers tomorrow. Just to be safe.

I'll tell you how #5 was in about an hour.
These are some things that work for me, but then again, I am not normal.

  • Feed ducks. These feathery chow hounds will listen to all types of whining until the food supply runs out.
  • Have squirt gun battles around the neighborhood with some friends.
  • Go to the local grocery store's produce section. Audibly hold a pretend conversation on the handy-dandy banana phone. When another shopper comes near hand him/her the banana and say something like "He wants to talk to you now."
  • Find a not-too-inhabited playground with sturdy equipment and run amok like a little kid.
  • Call a friend or loved one with whom there's been little contact for a while.
  • Two words: bunny slippers.
Regression:
Agression:
  • Make youself breakfast at 2am- eggs, bacon, the works.
  • Fire up your favorite p2p application and type random words to see what you find.
  • Pick a direction and drive aimlessly listening to a favorite CD. Stop and watch the sun set.
  • Call someone you care about and leave ridiculously long voicemails.
  • Take something apart to see how it works.
  • Climb a tree and smoke a cigarette.
  • If it's raining, go for a walk.
  • Make music. You don't need to be a musician to do this. Remix something, or sing karaoke by yourself.
  • Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.