I did not grow up on a farm. I grew up in civilized cities.....so the sound of pigs getting slaughtered is still new to me. And honestly, the way they do it here is a little disconcerting.

I think it's because it reminds me of those videos of people getting their heads cut off slowly with a knife and watching them bleed to death.

That's how they do it here...no bullet....no huge whack to knock it out....no battery charge to stun it...not even a simple shovel to the head. They cut its throat and let the blood drain slowly. And I mean SLOWLY. Seems to be the thing to make as small a cut on the neck as possible so it looks OK when they're cooking it whole on the spit. These pigs take forever to die and they sound much like a human sucking its own blood in as it tries to breathe.

I woke up this morning to the sound of people getting beheaded and gurgling on their own blood...a few seconds later of waking up, I realized it was a pig. And that guy wasn't about to die easily. Then they did another.

It's xxxx's birthday, (50 yrs old and owns the hillside I'm on), and they're having a shin-dig for her today. I was invited yesterday but I think I'm going to avoid it...it's not quite the same thing as going to a BBQ, (even though that's exactly what it is). I still haven't gotten used to the whole dig-in-with-your-fingers thing.

Man, it sure does smell good!


this post originally appeared, in part, on a copyrighted site owned by myself, www.homelessdiver.com (c)2007. I grant (c) permission as is required by the TOS of this site that I agreed to upon signing up.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.