I was staying up late last night, as I often do while on summer vacation, flipping through infomercials. And of course, as I often do when flipping through infomercials, I found myself oddly hypnotized by the undulating tones of Don Lapre's voice.

"You can make millions of dollars out of your one room apartment, just by placing tiny classified ads in the newspapers!"

And finally, after having stared blankly at Don and his Hawaiian shirt as he scrunches his face and tenses his shoulders to express his excitement for his package for about the fifth time, I came to the realization that Don Lapre offers nothing interesting at all. His "technique" is simply the fundamental of capitalism. One offers a service, and one markets the service. This is nothing revolutionary, and nothing worth paying the incredible price of 39.99 to find out.

<Heavily pronounced Southern accent>

"I was very unhappy with my job. I was not making very much money at all, and I was just struggling to make ends meet, ya know, to pay my bills. Within three weeks of receiving the Making Money System, I was making between two and three thousand dollars a week. And it's SO SIMPLE!"

<Decidedly Midwestern accent>

"I run a pool supplies business in the greater Cleveland area, and I was doing very well for myself. When I saw the Making Money System on television, I thought that there was nothing in it that could help me, but I figured at the low price at which it was offered, coupled with the money-back guarantee, it would be well worth my time to take a look at Don's system. (pause) I was amazed. (pause) I am now making sixty-five hundred dollars a week on top of my normal business income, and that has allowed me to expand my pool supplies company to Middleburg Heights and even into Strongsville!"

<Annoying Brooklyn accent>

I was working late nights and long hours. One night, I comes home, turns on the TV, and I sees this guy tellin' me I can make money easy, just by placing tiny classified ads in newspapers across the country. I says to myself, 'I can do that!'. Within a month of receiving the Making Money System, I was pulling in enough money to get a neon purple license plate for my Iroc-Z.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.