The point of life is there is no real point of life. Nearly every possible answer to that question can be refuted with reasonable ease.

Many people say the point of life is happiness. But happiness is such a fleeting thing. Why live solely to be happy? Happiness is only an emotion. And what makes one happy constantly changes as well. Happiness is only a human concept. Take other animals for example. Why do they live? It is highly doubtful that they are motivated by happiness.

Others say that the point of life is life itself. But there is hardly any point to living in itself. We grow up, reproduce and live out our lives. Our children grow up, reproduce and live out their lives. The cycle continues pretty much interminably. What exactly is the point of this endless cycle? Do we need to proliferate ourselves over the four corners of the Earth? Probably not. Many would speculate that the world could do better without us.

The list continues. Let's take a look at why animals live. It seems reasonably apparent that they are motivated by instinct to survive. It is programmed into them. Is it not possible that the same "programming" still runs strong in humans? Perhaps. It seems that there is, in fact, no point of life. However, I think I'll keep living because I see no point in ending my life as well. Perhaps that's why we live. There's no point in not living. Ah, the wondrous joy of the paradox!

The function of life is to collect, sort, reorganize and store energy, or, technically, low-entropy energy. This process goes by the very general term, 'growth.' Even crystals kinda do it.

To ask 'what is the point of life' is meaningless - only life-forms care about goals, express will, design solutions or conceive of purposes at all. For the questioner, the point of the question is not to fulfill his genuine curiosty, but to question all points.

Criticism without a criteria is caused by confusing epistemology with morality.

15 Random Things I have Experienced at the age of 42 - borntoloop

1. I have heard the noise a body makes when it jumps from the thirteenth floor of multi-story flats. ( It's rather like a very loud banger/firework )

2. I have experienced an Earthquake. Not a big one, but hey, an earthquake's an earthquake.

3. I have been run over by a motor car twice.

4. I have been single, married and divorced and have also been unfaithful, and been cheated on.

5. I have had five Children ( four girls and one boy ) by three different women.

6. I have spent a night (or two) in a jail cell.

7. I got expelled from secondary (high) school.

8. I have been involved in seven car crashes ( including one multi-roll over) - which is why I don't drive anymore.

9. I have had accidentally begged in London

10. I have suffered a kidney stone which was the singular most painful thing I have ever experienced. The morphine they gave me for it was one of the nicest things as it stopped the pain & floated me away.

11. I have had kidney failure, had IV's in both arms, a central line put in my neck and a catheter put up my willy.

12. I have spent several spells in psychiatric wards.

13. I have been in Intensive Care

14. I have worked in ; A Steel Foundry, An Insurance Claims dept, Warehouses, The Coca-Cola Company, and various offices and call centres.

15. I have taken extreme action against someone to stop being mugged (long time ago)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.