The proposition that the devil is in the decades is used in contrast to the proposition that The devil is in the details. To say that the devil is in the details is to say that the closer you look at something, the worse it appears. To say that the devil is in the decades is to say that the longer something persists, the worse it becomes.

God did not expect that expelling the two poor souls from the garden would come to this. Moved by shame, surely, at his manifestly flawed creation, God cast them out of his sight. O that solitary grain of disobedience! That whisper of Satan, which He refused to excuse! But that grain was a seed, and the expulsion planted it! Now, here we are, uncountable generations later, and we see that God's punishment was the beginning of the Devil's victory. How time has rotted what was good. How much I would give to offend God by one sin alone! After all this time, I have been damned to sin in mountains and forests, and how gradually we have arrived. How gradually we have been revealed.

"Communism is not bad; there have only been bad versions of it."

This is the reason your father is not a human until you become a man.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.