A prequel to the comic series Fables, The Wolf Among Us is a noir mystery, point-and-click game developed by Telltale Games.

The game follows Sheriff Bigby Wolfe, a booze-swilling, chain-smoking, big bad badass as he tries to solve a murder in Fabletown-- the current home of fairytale creatures after a mass exodus of "the Homelands". Fabletown is a small community located in a larger city that is populated by "Mundies"-- normal humans with no idea that creatures from stories are all real and living downtown.

Due to his sordid past, Bigby gets little respect from other Fables, who see him as a monster, or as a sellout for the Mayor's office. While poorer folk are left struggling in the slums, the rich get to live in a cushy apartment complex together where they have the mayor's ear. Fables who look inhuman are expected to pay the Mayor's registered witches for glamour to make themselves blend in. The price for going without glamour is to get sent to the Farm.

The story begins when Bigby stops a violent dispute between a prostitute and the Woodsman, which serves as an introduction to the game's Quick Time Event style of play, the dark and gritty nature of the game, and the idea that Fables are supernaturally resilient. Things get complicated when the prostitute's severed head shows up in front of the mayor's office the next day, leaving Bigby to find out who dunnit. The only person to actively help him is Snow White, the beleaguered mayor's Assistant Director of Operations, and one of the few people with any faith in Bigby.

As the story progresses, Bigby and Snow uncover conspiracies involving illegal glamour sales, sex trafficking, and an expansive extortion/blackmail plot.

300

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.