THE SOLDIER'S CREED
-As written in TRADOC Pamphlet 600-4, published 01/JAN/98

I am an American soldier. I am a member of the United States Army-a protector of the greatest nation on earth. Because I am proud of the uniform I wear, I will always act in ways creditable to the military service and the nation it is sworn to guard.

I am proud of my own organization. I will do all I can to make it the finest unit of the Army. I will be loyal to those under whom I serve. I will do my full part to carry out orders and instructions given me or my unit.

As a soldier, I realize that I am a member of a time-honored profession-that I am doing my share to keep alive the princibles of freedom for which my country stands. No matter what situation I am in, I will never do anything, for pleasure, profit, or personal safety, which will disgrace my uniform, my unit, or my country. I will use every means I have, even beyond the line of duty, to restrain my Army comrades from actions disgraceful to themselves and the uniform.

I am proud of my country and its flag. I will try to make the prople of this nation proud of the service I represent, for I am an American soldier.

The Soldier's Creed was recently changed to meet the drastic changes occuring within the United States and the military. The two concepts of the US Soldier were the Professional, and the Warrior. Another creed, known as Warrior Ethos is included in this new creed.

I am an American Soldier.

I am a Warrior and a member of a team. I serve the people of the United States and live the Army Values.

I will always place the mission first.

I will never accept defeat.

I will never quit.

I will never leave a fallen comrade.

I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills. I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.

I am an expert and I am a professional.

I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.

I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.

I am an American soldier.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.