A legendary third wave ska band from Minneapolis, Minnesota. Fronted by the guitars and voice of Nate Bott, the saxophone of John Reineck, the trombone of Kevin Matheny, (later Mara Breen,) the organ of Frank Staniszewsky, the drums of Jeff Conrad, and the bass of Jacy McIntosh, The Siren Six! created a mix of two-tone ska, 60's mod rock and (I hesitate to use the word,) emo that cut through the wasteland of generic ska-punk that sprang up during the mid to late 1990's.

The Siren Six! left Minneapolis during the summer of 1999, moving to Los Angeles and getting frightfully close to landing a record deal. But fate (and massive egos,) intervined and the band began to implode. The horn section left, and the remaining members carried on as a foursome until a final breakup last year.

Currently, Nate, Frank, and Jeff are involved with a new band, called Big City Rock, while Jacy now plays in the NYC devo-esque hardcore outfit Cassanova Crucifix.

ALBUMS
The Voice With A Built In Promise

  1. Get It Right
  2. One Sided
  3. Frame Up
  4. Burn
  5. No Compromise
  6. We Are No Longer Fighting
  7. Kill Your Idol
  8. Begin
  9. All In The Family (U.K. Version)
  10. Stand Still
  11. Never Thought Twice

Young And Professional

  1. One Sided (Come On, Come On)
  2. This Can't Be What You Meant
  3. If You're Not Now, You Never Were
  4. Young and Professional
  5. Back Is Breaking
  6. Got To Be Something
  7. C.O.N.F.U.S.I.O.N

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.