A series of books written by Raymond E. Feist that consist of Magician: Apprentice, Magician: Master, A Darkness at Sethanon, and Silverthorn, in that order (I think). If you like fantasy and haven't read it yet, you probably should. Feist is generally thought to be a great author. After the Saga come the books Krondor: the Betrayel (based off the computer game Betrayel at Krondor), Prince of the Blood (don't read it, it actually sucks), and The King's Buccaneer. I don't know where Krondor: the Assasins fits in. After that comes The Serpentwar Saga.

Originally a trilogy of fantasy novels written by Raymond E. Feist detailing the events of the first Riftwar, between the people of Midkemia and the Empire of Tsuranuanni.

The original trilogy consists of three books - Magician (Published in America in two parts Magician: Apprentice and Magician: Master, A Darkness at Sethanon, and Silverthorn. In addition to these books, Prince of the Blood and The King's Buccaneer have also been released as sequels to the original trilogy.

Since original publication Magician has been re-released with additional text as an authors preferred edition (Magician: APE)

The three original novels end identically with character Amos Trask saying to Prince Arutha, "Ah Arutha, you take all the fun out of life!"

In terms of quality, The Riftware Saga is a fantasy series on a par with The Lord of the Rings and The Wheel of Time.

Following this series chronologically is the The Riftwar Legacy. The next series published was The Serpentwar Saga.

The correct order of the books in Raymond E. Feist's Riftwar Saga is as follows:

It has already been noted, but Magician was released as a single book outside USA, and then re-released with an extra 15000 words added (the author's preferred edition).

It's interesting to mention that all three books end with the same line, spoken by Amos Trask - "Ah Arutha, you take all the fun out of life!"

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.