Hysterically funny Mel Brooks classic starring Gene Wilder, Zero Mostel, and Dick Shaw as "LSD".

In a scam to make some quick cash, a Broadway play producer and his accountant set out to make the most god aweful play in the history of mankind. Their play, "Springtime for Hitler" turns out unimaginably terrible but the audience loves it. Side splitting humor.

Gene Wilder's character is Leo Bloom, Zero Mostel's character is Max Bialytock. Bialystock (or Bialystok) is a region of Poland, the name meaning "white rolling hills".

The Producers is about to open on Broadway staring Nathan Lane as Max Bialystock and Matthew Broderick as Leo Bloom.
The $10.5 million show already has 13$ million in advance ticket sales
Mel Brooks, wrote the songs.
Brooks wrote and directed the 1968 film of the same name, for which he won an Oscar for best original screenplay.
The musical already has gotten rave reviews in Chicago, but Brooks admits he wants accolades in New York.

"It sounds crass and crude, but it's true. ... You wanna kill 'em on Broadway," he says. "That's the Great White Way. That's the dream of every little Brooklyn Jewish kid who ever thought about show business."

The Producers has been nominated for 15 Tony Awards.


BEST MUSICAL
BEST BOOK OF A MUSICAL
BEST ORIGINAL SCORE (MUSIC & LYRICS) WRITTEN FOR THE THEATRE
BEST PERFORMANCE BY A LEADING ACTOR IN A MUSICAL

Matthew Broderick, “The Producers”
Nathan Lane, “The Producers”
BEST PERFORMANCE BY A FEATURED ACTOR IN A MUSICAL
Gary Beach, “The Producers”
Brad Oscar, “The Producers”
BEST PERFORMANCE BY A FEATURED ACTRESS IN A MUSICAL
Cady Huffman, “The Producers”
BEST SCENIC DESIGN
BEST COSTUME DESIGN
BEST LIGHTING DESIGN
BEST CHOREOGRAPHY
BEST DIRECTION OF A MUSICAL
BEST ORCHESTRATIONS
In the end the musical play "The Producers" won twelve Tony awards. That is the most Tony awards ever awarded to one show. They included awards for best musical show, best performance by an actor in a musical, best dancing and best directing.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.