The 'Jug', as it is affectionately referred to by its regular customers, is a very special place indeed. Situated in Newcastle-Under-Lyme, Stoke-On-Trent, England, it benefits from the high threshold population such a haven of drinkers offers, enabling its owners to sit back and relax whilst the profits roll in.

One of its most endearing characteristics is the kinds of people it attracts, ranging from aged former hippies, to 15 year old scallies who are attracted by the variety of cider on offer. The stark contrast between the different groups of clientele ensures that a broad variety of musical tastes are catered for; the jukebox is possibly the best in the entire world, whilst the regular jazz nights entertain and inspire any budding Miles Davis's.

One main asset of the 'Jug' is its wonderfully spacious beer garden, which is an ideal place to be during a warm, summery sunset on a Friday, having a bevvy or two with your mates. Once it gets a bit cold however, you are best off heading back into the busy warmth, where the old wooden interior offers that snuggly feeling. The 'Jug' has an extended licence on certain nights of the week too, meaning there's time for another few jars before bedtime.

Unfortunately, like all pubs, the 'Jug' is not perfect. For example, it does not sell the most scrumptious alcoholic beverage of all - Carling. The beer isn't all that cheap either, but this downside is nullified by the availability of Seabrook crisps, which are cheap yet gorgeous. And, after all, you have to wonder whether or not the charm of such establishments is mainly due to their imperfections.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.