I used to do this. It kind of works... It works like this: Similar substances dissolve in eachother. Fats and oils are soluble in other fats and oils. One of the biggest culprits in acne is pores clogged with oil. The massaging in the technique serves to exfoliate and stimulate blood flow, the oil serves to extract the grimey oils from your skin and leave a residue of moisturizing olive oil.

Get some nice dark cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil. You'll need a lot, sprint $20 for a big jug and you won't have to worry about it for 2-3 months. You'll need to do this at least two times a day, three would be better.

First off wash your hands with soap and water.

Next, put a generous portion of oil into your hand and smear it into your face.

Proceed to massage it in. Work it in really good. This should take at least two minutes

Now it is really best to do this in the shower but you can do it in the sink. Thoroughly rinse your face, massaging all along. This should take another two minutes. Work it really good.

You can repeat the application and washing one or two more times if you're super-keen on it. By generous portion, I mean use a whole fucking lot of oil.

Do this two or three times a day. You won't see big results for at least a week. After three weeks most even more severe acne is significantly reduced or or gone all-together.

Pros:
Vegan, all natural, no chemicals, simple, very effective

Cons:
Kind of annoying to have to get your face all smeared with olive oil twice a day.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.