http://www.xxxchurch.com

Believe it or not, it does exist. And it does concern pornography; more specifically what it does to a person and why or why not it's a good thing. One has to ask himself (or even herself), what good does porn do? It attempts to replicate the real thing, but undoubtedly comes up with a shallow copy. We all use porn, but how many of us use it as a crutch?

The thing about porn is that it really doesn't do any immediate harm. Everyone can agree that the nude form is a wonderful and fantastic thing; why else would we all love staring at it for so long? But what benefit does it bring to someone besides a quick orgasm? The lonely among us (I count myself among them) often need a crutch, something to fill in a lack of love. For many people porn provides the quick fix. But at what cost?

Probably the most insidious characteristic about pornography is the way it modifies your perceptions. Despite the fact that its designed for the adult population, the vast majority of us first see porn before we even hit puberty. For a lot of people, it becomes an addiction. The scary part is society makes the subject taboo and nearly impossible to discuss, so many people end up figuring out things on their own. The decisions they make early on can result in rather harmful results later on in life. Particularly the way they think about members of the opposite sex.

Think about it. The brain places a greater emphasis on memories that bring forth strong reactions. What is porn, but imagery that is linked to one of the strongest reactions of all? One of the reasons the brain remembers images seen in porn far more vividly than most others is because of pornography's association with orgasm. The end result is that a relatively small amount of porn can have a great impact on the way someone looks at others. If your memory didn't have such an encompassing knowledge of Sylvia Saint and Asia Carrera, would you be looking at that girl's ass as much as you are now?

Is pornography evil? No. It's imagery, moving or still, of people engaged in (often completely facetious) acts of copulation or just foreplay. For many it serves as a wonderful way to improve their sex life by spicing things up or through new technique. But for others, it becomes a piss-poor replacement for love... it becomes their drug.

Consider for a second how you feel about this issue, and whether this node applies. Consider what it means to have a sexual addiction. Your religious affiliation doesn't matter: even the most devout of Christians (Two Words: Catholic Priest) are capable of being addicts. The question is: are you addicted? And if so, what are you going to do about it?

The website above is one resource which may help you. Another is Sexaholics Anonymous. Both provide a good start.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.