The Music are a rock band in the same vein as Led Zeppelin, except much better production due to technological advances between now and the seventies, and a much more psychedelic and "epic" sound so to speak. The best thing about the band was that I thought they were an electronica band before I saw their video for Getaway. They have no electronica in their music, just awesome guitar work and absolutely searing vocals. They come from the United Kingdom, which is finally ready to take over all of rock music.

The Music is:

The Music isn’t just any other music band - they are THE music band. Their style of music is such a large and refreshing change from that dominating the airwaves, that they are simply unbelievable. They have managed to capture all the best bits from Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Guns N Roses and countless other 70s and 80s bands to form some of the most original material in music existence. Finally, a reason to legalise marijuana.

It's quite ironic really, when you learn that they formed out of complete boredom while they were still teenagers. They started out as a three piece (without Phil), and practised everyday with each other. Phil joined later from another band in 1999, and they were ready to go. The chemistry was there, they had the sound and the name; all they needed were shows. These were not hard to get, and soon they were playing twice or three times a week. Within months they had management, glowing features in the British music press and a huge crowd of A&R men chasing their signature. Take The Long Road And Walk It came from a demo session in Leeds, and Fierce Panda Records offered to release it. A deal with Hut Recordings followed and after finishing their education, the band set off on tour in June last year.

Since then, they have been on a sold out tour and supported acts such as New Order, The Charlatans and even Oasis, the band many believe are the ones The Music are set to leap frog in the not-too-distant future. They have released three EPs and a full-length album, and haven't stopped rising in the UK charts. While they have not been as successful as many believed they would, a lot of critical acclaim has surrounded the band ever since their recording deal. If there is any real thread of sanity left in the world, then they will be meeting a lot more attention in the future.

The Track listing for The Music's debut album (self-titled) is as follows:

  1. The Dance
  2. Take the Long Road and Walk It
  3. Human
  4. Truth Is No Words
  5. Float
  6. Turn Out the Light
  7. The People
  8. Getaway
  9. Disco
  10. Too High

As the sample that heralds their arrival on-stage says, when you’re 18 years old, it’s "a world where anything is possible".


Sources:
http://www.wonderwall.com
http://www.cdnow.com

http://www.themusic.uk.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.