A pop/punk band from Berkeley, California. The members are:

  • Dr. Frank - guitar, vox (1986- )
  • Jon Von - guitar, vox (1986-1992)
  • Byron - bass (1986-1989)
  • Aaron - bass (1989-1994)
  • Joel - bass (1994-2000)
  • Gabe - bass (2000- )
  • Alex - drums (1986-1993)
  • Jym - drums (1993- )
  • Erik - keyboards (1996- )

As you can see the band has a very fluid lineup. Dr. Frank has been the one constant, and it's a good thing to because he writes all the songs and sings lead vocals. 99% of the songs are about girls or relationships (they even admit to this by prefacing every song at their concerts with "This is a song about a girl". They are also arguably one of the smartest bands of all time, Dr. Frank has a degree in philosophy from UC-Berkeley, as was immortalized in the song The Complicated History of the Concept of the Soul. Jon Von has a degree in computer studies from MIT and Joel was a member of the National Honors Society.

The Mr. T Experience (or MTX) have completed several full-length albums and have appeared on countless compilations. Here is a selected discography:

They also released a fake live album entitled Strum und Bang, Live? by just inserting crowd noise and banter from other famous live albums between songs.

MTX started out as a pretty hardcore band, but they have grown softer and more pop-like with every release, this accelerated after the departure of Jon Von. It has even gotten to the point where The Miracle of Shame is pretty much a straight saccrine pop record that would get played on the radio today.

I personally feel that Love is Dead is their best album, a perfect combination of punk speed with pop hooks. The aforementioned “Miracle” is by far the worst.

And no, there are no songs about Mr. T.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.