The official soundtrack to The Matrix Reloaded. "The Matrix Reloaded: The Album" occupies two CDs totalling about 90 minutes in length, for a much longer music experience than The Matrix's 62-minute soundtrack. If you liked the first movie's soundtrack, particularly the thoughtful instrumental pieces, you'll like this one as well.

The soundtrack is an Enhanced CD for Windows or Macintosh, although the "Enhanced" content consists solely of QuickTime movie clips from the movie, the Animatrix, and the game Enter the Matrix. The soundtrack is not copy protected; I was able to rip it to MP3 for easy portability across my systems.

Track Listing

Disc One

The first disc includes all of the vocal tracks from the film, including P.O.D.'s "Sleeping Awake" which is in heavy rotation on many rock music radio stations. Personally, I like Rob Zombie's "Reload," which follows the first Matrix's "Dragula" remix in using heavy distortion on vocals to give the song an air of tech-dystopia. Paul Oakenfold fans will be pleased to note that Oakenfold has two songs on this first disc, including a remix of Dave Matthews Band's "When The World Ends."

  1. Linkin Park - Session
  2. Marilyn Manson - This Is the New Shit
  3. Rob Zombie - Reload
  4. Rob Dougan - Furious Angels
  5. Deftones - Lucky You
  6. Team Sleep - The Passportal
  7. P.O.D. - Sleeping Awake
  8. Ünloco - Bruises
  9. Rage Against the Machine - Calm Like a Bomb
  10. Oakenfold - Dread Rock
  11. Fluke - Zion
  12. Dave Matthews Band - When the World Ends (Oakenfold remix)

Disc Two

If you want to put on your own production of The Matrix Reloaded, fire up Disc Two for some memorable instrumental songs from the film. A large swath of the film's score is captured in the 17-minute "Matrix Reloaded Suite," and the other tracks include the opening theme song and background music from the magnificent fight scenes that dot the film."Burly Brawl," the score from the "Agent Smiths vs. Neo" battle, is particularly exciting.

  1. Don Davis - Main Title
  2. Don Davis - Trinity Dream
  3. Juno Reactor featuring Gocoo - Tea House
  4. Rob Dougan - Chateau
  5. Juno Reactor/Don Davis - Mona Lisa Overdrive
  6. Juno Reactor vs. Don Davis - Burly Brawl
  7. Don Davis - Matrix Reloaded Suite

All in all, this is an impressive soundtrack that fits an impressive movie. Pick it up at your friendly neighborhood music store. It retails for US$19.98, but most on-line retailers have it for $15 or less. The album bears the Parental Advisory: Explicit Lyrics label due to profanity on some songs. A "clean" version is available.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.