Here's a life-saving tip if you're a character in a b-movie horror flick: if "the Master" wouldn't approve - YOU DON'T APPROVE EITHER.

Sheesh.

Let's take over the world today!
No, the Master wouldn't approve.

Well, let's go terrorize villagers.
No, the Master wouldn't approve.

Well... could we maybe go out for fried chicken?
No, the Master wouldn't approve.

Aw, &*#@* the Master!!


It's not easy being a flunky.

"ThE mAsTeR wOuLd NoT aPpRoVe!" - Torgo, in his unique way of speaking; Manos, The Hands of Fate

There once was a goat-legged man by the name of Torgo, and he served The Master in the "movie" (and I use the term loosely) Manos, The Hands of Fate. Torgo takes care of Valley Lodge while The Master is away. On one fateful evening familyman Michael and his wife and daughter (and little dog, too) roll up to the Valley Lodge in their classic convertible and meet Torgo who informs them that The Master would not approve of the family staying at the lodge for the night. The Master also does not approve of going outside, leaving the lodge, staying at the lodge, and a number of other curious and/or seemingly trite activities. Basically, The Master does not approve of anything that goes against his cult's beliefs, for it is the will of Manos, the mysterious and continuityless god that The Master, his many brides, and Torgo worship unwaveringly. The bulk of Torgo's job is to tell people that The Master would not approve of ______________.

Essentially the phrase is an ominous, mysterious way of telling someone that he or she cannot do something "because".

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.