Mentioned by Brandt, a character played by Philip Seymour Hoffman while in discussion with The Dude, played by Jeff Bridges in the masterful 1998 film The Big Lebowski. The Little Lebowski Urban Achievers is a non-profit organization in which underprivileged children that show a great promise of success in the world yet don't have the means to cash in on their potential are prompted to make the best of themselves. The organization was founded and sponsored by the crippled tycoon Jeffrey Lebowski of Los Angeles County, California.

When The Dude asks about the picture of the Little Lebowski Urban Achievers on Jeffrey Lebowski's wall, Brandt explains that "Those are Mister Lebowski's children." Prompting The Dude to ask "So racially, he's pretty cool?" That gag may be the only reason why the Little Lebowski Urban Achievers even exists.

Regardless, the name has began taking on a life of its own. As it seems there is at least one team in every single bowling league that calls themselves "The Little Lebowski Urban Achievers" and a fictional website dedicated to the Little Lebowski Urban Achievers exists at www.llua.org. Not to mention this is what people who go to The Big Lebowski Conventions call themselves (www.lebowskifest.com).

The Little Lebowski Urban Achievers and proud we are of all of them

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.